How to Use Crep Protect Wipes
For our latest back to basics episode, we wanted to show you how to use our Ultimate Cleaning Wipes on one of the year’s hottest shoes. Take a look below.
There’s nothing worse than wearing a brand new pair of trainers and getting them dirty unexpectedly. In those moments, knowing how to react can be key to ensuring that your trainers survive. That’s why we invented our handy Crep Protect Ultimate Cleaning Wipes to ensure that you can give your shoes a quick fix before the dirt sets in.
We wanted to show you just how to use Crep Protect Wipes in order to get the maximum benefit from them. In order to do this, we got a pair of the sacai x Nike LDWaffle “White Nylon” dirty in order to show you just how effective our wipes are. Without further delay, let’s take a look at how to use the Crep Protect Wipes.
Our wipes are double-sided, each with a specific purpose. The smooth side of the Crep Wipe is designed for general cleaning, giving the shoe a once over and tackling the easier cleaning sections. The textured side is designed to take on those tougher stains, with the raised fabric being used to remove the stains left on the shoe. It’s important to remember the purpose of each side of the Crep Protect Cleaning Wipe so that you don’t use the wrong side for the wrong reason.
Using the rougher side of the wipe, start wiping down the toe and mudguard to tackle those tough stains. This will help to remove the dirt as these areas are one of the most exposed on any shoe. The rough side will take the stains out of these areas whilst not damaging any sensitive fabrics such as leather, canvas and nylon.
On any Nike shoe, the Swoosh is one of the key areas to keep clean. With this being a sacai x Nike LDWaffle, there are two different Swooshes to keep in mind. This leather Swoosh will require the rough side of the cloth in order to get clean. It will help to remove all excess dirt.
As with any shoe, the midsole is exposed to a lot more dirt and stain problems that any other area. The midsole will require the rough side of the Crep Cleaning Wipe too. Using the textured side of the wipe will enable you to get the dirt out of the midsole without affecting the material.
When it comes to the heel of the sneaker, the rough side will also enable you to get a lot of the scuff out too. The texture will get all of the excess dirt out of the shoe and is an effective way to ensure that you remove stains.
Repeat the Process
Keep working around the shoe until you are happy with the outcome. It’s important to go over the shoe a few times in case you have missed any dirty areas that need a clean again. Use the smooth side of the wipe to do a general clean around the shoe too, making sure that all dirt has been removed from the sneaker.
Let’s take a closer look at how you should use the Crep Protect cleaning wipes on the sacai x Nike LDWaffle:
- The Wipe – there are two different sides to the Crep Protect Wipe with two different purposes. Make sure that you use the rough side for tough stains and the smooth side for general cleans
- The Toe – start off at the toebox and mudguard of the shoe using the rough side, using the smooth side to clean any excess dirt off
- The Swoosh – using the rough side of the wipe, wipe down the Swoosh to remove dirt before going over with the smooth side
- The Midsole – make sure that you use the rough side of the wipe for the midsole as this area is more prone to stains and dirt marks
- The Heel – the rough side is best for the sole as it will tackle the tough stains that the shoe suffers from
- Repeat – go over the shoe once more if you feel that it needs to be cleaned a little more, using the rough side for tougher stains and the smooth side for general cleaning